Hello. My name is Catherine Clark Martin and I have been a nurse for 22 years and in the health field for 24 years. I have worked in the peri-operative, medical-surgical, step-down ICU, and cardiac settings. I am certified as an Adult-Geriatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.
My goal is to assist you in increasing your positive energy through Healing Touch. Bringing you back into balance. I am mobile and will come to you - home or office setting.
I enjoy reading, swimming, walking, yoga, photography, and being out in nature. I am always amazed at the power of Healing Touch and love to see how much better a client feels after a session.
Healing Touch vs Reiki?
Healing Touch vs Reiki?
Both modalities are energy techniques. Both have the ability to help the client relax and decrease stress. The idea is that “universal life force energy” flows through all of us, The balancing of our energies/chakras promotes health and healing.
- Follows the Western medicine model
- Complements conventional medicine
- Healing Touch is research based and guided by nursing theory
- Standardized multi-level program
- Governed by a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- National Accreditation through the American Holistic Nurses' Association
- Certifying body: Healing Beyond Borders https://www.healingbeyondborders.org/index.php/about
- Follows the Eastern medicine model
- Must be attuned by a reiki master in order for the energy to go through the provider and then into the client
- Lineage is important
- 2 classes plus the reiki master class - knowledge gained depends on instructor knowledge
Sometimes the practitioner is unable to be physically present. Distance Healing can be very effective in sending healing energy. Of course, the person must be receptive and provide consent. During these trying times and confinement, distance healing is a great way to receive Healing Touch.
The process is pretty simple. I will call you at your appointment time and we will briefly discuss what you feel you need at that time. You make yourself comfortable, whether that is in a chair, recliner or even in your bed. You can even put on some soothing music if you like. I will hang up and provide the therapy. After the session is completed, I will call you back. The sessions can be as short as 15 - 20 minutes depending on your needs.